Tuesday, December 6, 2011

2011 Thanksgiving

A few years ago Jason and I use to be able to squeeze in 3 full turkey meals in plus dessert on Thanksgiving. Things have changed since those days. Now we are lucky to get in two meals in. Getting older has it's disadvantages.
Every year Grandpa Dale takes out for Thanksgiving lunch. This year we went to Golden Corral. It's his treat to all of us.  Jason and I haven't been fans of the going out part in the past but in the last 2 to 3 years I have learned to really like it. We have always gone to a buffet type restaurant and the kids always get Jello and other weird combinations. This year there was a heck of a lot of pepperoni on Korbin's plate. After lunch we went home for a break before going over to Grandparents Eckardt's. 
The Colorado Eckardt's came down so we were able to spend time with them this Thanksgiving. Grandma Eckardt always makes a fabulous meal for everyone. The kids had fun with their cousins and uncles. We all had a nice time catching up and spending time together. 

No comments: