This year our friends invited us to do it again. It was a blast! After reading the post from last year I'm excited to say we raised the bar. We went on a weekday afternoon this time. The water was great and the weather was nice as well (not windy and clear skies).
The plan was for Malinate and I to drive over to Willard a little after lunchtime. Jason would then join us after he could get away from work stuff. After getting organized in the boat and out into open water the kids jumped in to get cooled off the first chance they got. It was a hot day.
After the kids had some fun in the water it was Malinda's turn in the water.
She was setting the example I think because afterwards it was my turn. I'm assuming I did ok for my first time skiing. It took me a long time to get the ski's on, I didn't stand up and I swallowed a lot of water. Everyone was super patient due to a lot of this...
Nate and Malinda encouraged me and pressed for me to keep trying. I told them a few more times. They know me well enough to know a little pressing would get my so called few more times into several more times. I did get a little bit better after each run. The ski's wouldn't fly off every time and eventually I got semi-upright on a few runs.
I would only last maybe 3 to 5 seconds if that. To me the seconds seemed like forever.
After the kids had some fun in the water it was Malinda's turn in the water.
She was setting the example I think because afterwards it was my turn. I'm assuming I did ok for my first time skiing. It took me a long time to get the ski's on, I didn't stand up and I swallowed a lot of water. Everyone was super patient due to a lot of this...
Nate and Malinda encouraged me and pressed for me to keep trying. I told them a few more times. They know me well enough to know a little pressing would get my so called few more times into several more times. I did get a little bit better after each run. The ski's wouldn't fly off every time and eventually I got semi-upright on a few runs.
| I wish this picture wasn't blurry. |
The gang in the boat cheered me on and I'm glad the kids saw me try something new. I'm ok with looking like this for this year...
however next year I'm going to look like this, I just know it...
After I was done the Nelson kids used the knee board for a bit. I saw huge improvements from them from last year. Jason called soon afterwards. After picking him up it was Jason's turn to knee board. He did awesome! Even went over some waves.
Korbin was a good sport and tried the knee board. I'll give him a hand, I honestly didn't think he would try anything other than the tube. He didn't struggle much and seemed to enjoy it. Horray for our Korbin!
Jason did some skiing afterwards and was awesome at it! He lasted longer than I did.
Nate did some slalom waterskiing. He was great as well.
We went to the beach and had dinner. The ride over was beautiful. I loved the color of the water.
After dinner we did some tubing. Madison loves the tube and did a few runs with the girls. Korbin and Ben had a fun ride and Jason and I did as well.
Abby was brave and said she would ride the tube by herself. I'm not sure what happened but the tube did a nose dive and Abby went face first in the water. All you could see was little legs kicking like crazy. It made us all laugh. She's a funny little thing and was so proud of herself and didn't cry.
We had a super fun night. We're lucky to have such awesome friends that encourage us to try new things and make us laugh.
2 comments:
Great job trying something new! I love the pictures of you. I can't get up on the knee board, I am ok at skiing (meaning I can get up and stay up for awhile), but for some reason I can't get the knee board, it frustrates me. Looks like you had a great time!
nice job with the skiing and trying something new!! it gets easier the more you try. i love all the pictures!!
Post a Comment