with a huge smile
and happiness!
Madison has asked for a bed for Samantha for a while now and I was crazy enough to make her one. A little long of a project but a fun project. A perfect birthday/baptism gift to open on such a special day. I actually made two. One for Madison and one for Marina.
The rest of the day was spent running around doing last minute things until the very last second before having to be at our stake center for the actual baptism.
Baptisms in our ward are done at a stake level. The talks, program and music are all taken care of by the stake. Years ago I wasn't a fan of how our ward does this but after serving in the Primary I began to see that it's all kept simple for a reason and the spirit is so strong no matter who plans it. Our ward had three kids getting baptized on March 5th. Kasen, Marina and Madison.
Jason had the big job! Madison asked him to baptized her. He was a little nervous but did a great job. She's proud and lucky to have Jason as her dad.
My grandma and an aunt with a few cousins came to the baptism. This is the first church event they have ever been to. I'm so happy and glad they came. Jason's side of the family were also there (G-parent E's and Ryan and family). G-pa Russ, the boys and Penny made it down from Grand Junction. My sister of course and Kati made it with the kids as well. We also invited a few friends from our ward (Briggs,the Malinate's, 2 Arbon's,Olsen's,Foulger's). Madison loved having her family and friends there to watch her get baptized.
After the baptism while in the bathroom changing the freezing girls we noticed Marina and Madison had very similar dresses. Nice.
The water in the font was colder than usual. It normally takes two hours to fill the font but on this particular Saturday it had to be done in much less time. The brother who fills the font must have forgotten about it and so it wasn't long before the program was about to begin that anyone noticed the font was empty. People were filling the font with water from wherever they could get whatever from. The temperature of the water wasn't as much of a priority as getting as much water as possible was.
One of the newest members of our ward. I'm lucky my sister was smart and took pictures I didn't take any. I'm eternally grateful and owe her big time!After the confirmation we went to our church building for a light dinner. With the help of friends I made a slideshow with 3 primary songs Madison picked. It was so much fun to see pictures of Madison with us,family, friends and cousins thru the years. Can't thanks my friend Emily and Malinate enough for helping me be able to share all these pictures with our family and friends.
4 comments:
Congrats! Beautiful dress. :)
I am so sad that we missed it, she is such a sweet girl! (Which comes from her mom, of course!)
What a lovely day and a beautiful girl! ♥
That bed looks so cute. Good work!
Maddie does look like a princess in that dress. It sounds like a perfect baptism day (except for the cold/shallow water). I'm glad we could come.
Post a Comment