Monday, August 9, 2010

Scrivy Crew/29/SLC

SLC
We spent a few hours in SLC on Saturday. We had a great time exploring new places.
Our first stop was Memory Grove(thanks Celeste for this hot tip). What an amazing park. We had a great time taking pictures and going on a fun short trail. Dogs don't need to be on a leash on this trail so we saw a lot of dog owners and K9's. Of course this made my hubby want a dog. I could see the longing in his eye. Someday we will find the perfect dog.

After spending a little time at the park we headed over to The City Library. It's huge and way open for my comfort zone. I was sweating bullets when I notice all of the glass including the elevator. I hate heights. But what do you do in a place like this...

(inside the elevator,only 2 levels up,3 more to go at this point)

(Maddie's sharp eyes noticed these mini books hanging from the ceiling are actually making up a person's head)



Our last stop of the day was at Bruge's. Yum!Yum!Yum!
  I've got to say I was dissapointed with the machine gun sandwich. Jason's opinion was it was fine edible but not the best, I just liked the frites and sauce on top. Of course the waffles on the other hand are so yyyuuummmmyy! The stuffed cheeks prove it.
And that's a wrap for our SLC adventure.
Scrivy Crew
Camping is just so much fun with friends! Especially if you go with the Scrivner's They know how to camp!!!They have a great philosophy I'm adapting into our camping trips from now on. Yummy food!
We had a great time together...

  • camping
  • playing at the beach
  • hiking
  • getting dirty
  • making ice cream
  •  and laughing(really hard as a chair Crystal was sitting on broke)
  • 2nd camping trip of the year broke the record we have so far with the trailer
 It was just for one night but man it was so much fun we'll have to make this into a yearly tradition and The Eckardt's will step in up a notch by next year.
Crystal and I took the kids on a little hike after setting up camp.

Dirty. 

Paxton is such a good baby!
Four cute little monkeys hanging in the tree.
Making homemade ice cream.
Like I said The Scrivner's know how to camp. We had a great hobo dinner and dessert. 
Jason took the kids on a little walk to a nearby creek we discovered earlier in the day.
Two cute girls. Addie is as tall as Mads.
At the beach.
More beach fun!
I'm almost convince that maybe backpacking into the wilderness isn't as bad as I think it is if it's really the way Crystal and Dan described it.  Maybe Jason and I will have to try it sometime next year.Maybe...
29
Jason turned 29 on Saturday and after such a fun camping trip and playing we down played the celebration with a simple date night. Jason and I went to see Inception. It was a  great movie and really awesome. I'm glad we saw it on Jason's birthday. It made the day end perfectly. Love you Jason! Can't wait to celebrate your 30th birthday!That leaves a sour taste in my mouth;).

3 comments:

Malinda said...

I love those pictures of your kids at Memory Grove. So cute!

BTW, how do you get your pictures to show up so big in your blog?

amity said...

so much fun!! i love the pictures in memory grove, also. i think i am going to take my family down there and get some pictures, too. what a fun summer you guys are having! you are an awesome mom!!!

Celeste Ferguson said...

the pictures turned out awesome!! i can't wait to do our family pics. there! trying to loose a little more weight first! i am so glad you enjoyed it!! :)