Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summer Fun

Clapp's Pool
We have had another fun summer in the Clapp's pool. This is one of our favorite summer treats! Korbin can now swim the length of the pool and go off the diving board with ease. Maddie can swim for longer periods of time but I still hesitate a little with her going off the diving board without a life jacket on. We've been very lucky to have been going over to the Clapp's for the last few years. It's crazy to think how much the kids have grown since our first visit. The Clapp's are just a fun couple to be around who are a great example of the friendliest people I know. 
 They've just announced they will be moving to a condo across town. We'll be sad to see them go and leave our ward but the best part is they will live close to grandparents E's so we can still visit.


Dinosaur Park
While packing up Kati's house and getting everything ready for the move Mads and I ran into some pictures of us at dinosaur park. For a few years our x-mas gift from Kati's family would be a dinosaur park membership. We used it a lot! Every Saturday was our day to spend time together and catch up on the week and this is where we could let the kids run wild. After seeing the pictures Mads has wanted to go back so picked a Saturday and off we went. 
It definitely has loss a lot of the appeal it use to have on the kids but they still managed to have some fun with a few new exhibits.

Eckardt's
Some fun pictures with all the Eckardt's. It's crazy to see how big this family has grown.

I love this picture of Kenzie! She's turning into a beautiful young lady and is so pleasant to be around. Let's count on the rest of the girls to follow her lead.
Everyone is back home now and settled. We've been spoiled and have had a lot of fun the last few weeks doing different things together. It has been so great! We miss everyone very much but we know we'll see everyone again in 2 months in sunny California! 

Pineview
I took the kids to PIneview for the first time. I had forgotten how much fun it is to play at Pineview beach. We stayed for a few hours. Long enough to eat, get some pictures, visit with friends and I end up out of the water fight. I didn't even get a candy bar out of it. I ended in 30th place. Realistically I'm really glad to say I'm out so I can sleep again! I was having bizarre dreams with different scenarios and strategies. Now it's someone else's turn to try to be mischievous and get my target out. 


5 comments:

Carol said...

You are so kind. :) We love you! Don't forget...we have a pool at the new place too. ;)

Carol said...

Bill says maybe we shouldn't sell...you guys are a good reason to stay.

Celeste Ferguson said...

You guys have been busy! Looks like fun! I didn't know the Clapp's were moving. That's sad.

Malinda said...

We didn't know the Clapps were moving either. We'll miss them! Nate said maybe we should by their house so we can have a pool. Then he decided that you guys should buy it and just invite us over to swim. :)

BTW, great pictures of your kids!

Claudy said...

Malinda,
I just had a similar conversation with Jason about a boat! Hey you have a boat!!!!:).