Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Perfect timing

Korbin walked out the front door at exactly the perfect time this morning( I was just about to mow)!
 After a little whining and me putting my foot down this is the end result...


It took a little time but he mowed the front lawn. He's helped Jason a few times by pushing the lawnmower with him but today he did it by himself. He might not admit it but I think he had a lot of fun doing it. I had a great time watching him make funny noises while using the self propel. The boy is just skinny! He used a lot of his energy turning it;)
  

(calling dad to tell him the news).
I'm glad he didn't take out any of Jason's newly planted plants.
___________________

Birdhouse
Korbin made a really nice birdhouse for scouts when he was a wolf.
A few weeks ago when we thought the weather was turning nice and warm Jason and Korbin tied it to one of the trees in the front yard. We forgot  all about it due to the rainy weather. About a week ago probably on the only nice day outside we noticed there is now a nest inside. We haven't seen any birds in it yet but we're sure they will be around soon.

__________________


Sandbox
After so many years the kids still love the sandbox. I'm glad we put that in(not only have our kids enjoyed it but many of our neighbors have as well). I sometimes look out a back window and find a lot of kids just hanging around. I love it!




Photobucket






5 comments:

Celeste Ferguson said...

If he needs more practice...my backyard could sure use it. LOL!! :) You have to tell me how you do these cute blog posts with the little family...and the lines.

Malinda said...

Way to go Korbin!

I've tried to train Ben to mow the lawn, but even the "flat" parts of yard aren't really flat and he doesn't quite have the muscles to do it. Maybe when he's 10.

Maddie's hair looks so long in those pictures. When did that happen? :)

dcscrivy said...

I can't wait to get my kids to do the work for us! That is a great thing for kids to do!

The Lucena Family said...

My kids love the sandbox too, sometimes wen Camila goes missing I can find her playing there.

Me, Myself and I said...

I want your play climber thingy. Where did you get it?