
A humbling unplanned lesson...
After leaving McDs the other day with the kids Maddie threw a fit because she wanted to go to my aunts store for a balloon and instead I took them to the post office. After a fit that lasted what I thought was an eternity I gave the kids a long lecture of how some kids never get to play with friends and how some kids never get ice cream and how we just did both ect ect. This wasn't helping so towards the end of my lecture I brought something up I had never brought up before with the kids. Kids that don't have parents (not sure where that one came from but it came out). This lesson could have been better taught. It must have struck a nerve with Maddie because that night Maddie asked me a few times what those children are called. I explained to her they are called orphans. A little while later she asked if we could visit them. I told her I would see what I could do. She offered to give all of her stuff animals to them. Then after a while she wanted to adopt one and by the end of the night she wanted to adopt three. Children have unconditional love for all. Here I though I was telling my kids earlier how much they are loved and I wanted them to see how lucky they are but of course they already know how much Jason and I love them and also know how much they have. Maddie was totally willing to extend her love and all the things she has to those that need it the most. A good lesson for me to become humbled by how lucky I am to have all that I have and how we should do more for others. I have a testimony that we have a father in heaven that loves us and that he sent his only begotten son so we can live with him someday if we do that which he has requested from us. Heavenly father doesn't give us anything we can't bear and that he sends us these little ones to make sure we stay on the right track so that we don't forget the way back. Mads keeps asking me when are we going to go and take her stuff animals to the kids but I'm stuck I don't know where to begin in finding a place to start.
2 comments:
Kids have an amazing way of teaching us, even when we are supposed to be teaching them. That is so sweet that Maddie is so willing to help and give. She gets it from her mom!
What a sweet story. If Maddie still wants to donate some stuff check out the christmas box bouse. I'm sure they could point you in the right direction!
Post a Comment