Sunday, November 9, 2008

Not a Typical Saturday

The day started as a typical Saturday morning  but it didn't stay that way for long. The first task of the day was to find Madison a winter coat. We headed to the Layton Kohls to see if they had the same coat Jason saw at the Logan Kohls a few days ago.  They did have it and so we bought it after Maddie approved of it. If she doesn't like it, she will not wear it! She's nothing like our easy going handsome Korbin. We try to avoid shopping at Walmart especially on a Saturday but being so close to the Layton Walmart I wanted to at least try to find a few photo albums I haven't been able to find at the Walmart that's closer to our home.  No luck finding the photo albums but we did get a few 98 cent place mats for the kids.  This has been one of the best purchase we've ever made.  We purchased three, one with all the Presidents of the US, another with the solar system (Madisons favorite) and last but not least one with all 50 States and Capitals (Korbins favorite). 
(Taken with my camera phone
 We next headed to Tai Pan.  The females in our family could spend all day here but the males in our family are very pushy.  So after a shorter visit than usual I finally found what I wanted for the front door.
 Now my problem is when is it acceptable to hang it up. Ideas... Dec 1, the day after Thanksgiving, on the first snow fall or now. As we started to head back home we decided to go into Riverdale for a few more stops.  While having a light conversation about Obama's middle name and other random topics of discussion Jason and I have we got rear ended at a light between the freeway exit and Target. Luckily no one was hurt.  Nothing really happened to our car or the other car except scratches.
(Jason's bumper)
Jason and I knew what this would mean for the next few hours. Jason's car is a company car if it's in any kind of accident there's a long procedure that has to take place immediately after. This part of our day took two to three hours. For the first hour it included waiting for the police officer and filling out forms followed by a half an hour to 45 minutes of Jason talking on his cell phone going back and forth with his work/insurance/car company and who knows who else all while sitting at a parking lot. Then we had to spend another hour in a smelly waiting room waiting for Jason to finish even more stuff. The kids entertained themselves better than I did.  They made surgical masks out of paper towels and rubber bands (of course, every dentist needs a surgical mask) and they probably used a good half a cup of hand sanitizer in the process (every dentist has to have clean hands).  After all of the excitement(sarcasm) all we wanted was a fast Costco lunch.  After a much needed lunch we felt much better and then continued onto the Mervyn's closing event.  They had nothing to temp us with, 30% off just doesn't do it for us.  Finally our last stop was taking a look at new cell phones.  Jason found the cell phone he wanted (he gets a corporate discount so his limit is much higher than mine). I'll probably just go for cheapest phone again.  Yes, the one that takes pictures like the one of the kids above. What can you expect for free!  This Saturday was nothing like our usual Saturdays but we still managed to have a great day together even with all the unexpected stuff!

3 comments:

Malinda said...

Bummer about the accident. What a pain! I'm glad you can see the bright side of things.

Our rule for Christmas decorations is the day after Thanksgiving. My sister put up her Christmas tree the day after Halloween (which Nate thinks is an abomination). To each her own. :)

I think I might be going to Brigham City this afternoon. If they have albums, I will pick some up for you. I just finish my BOM book, so you can borrow it for a pattern if you want.

Malinda said...

finish should be finished . . . oops. )

Siomara, RN said...

That Christmas sign is GORGEOUS!! Im jealous. Can i have it?!?

You guys got in an accident? OUCH! Jason should buy a bumper sticker that say "COMPANY CAR..DO NOT HIT ME!" I remember the last time he hit something. That sucks.