Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hot Pink

Last Monday Maddie received an invitation for a birthday party. Since then everyday I've been privileged to hear all about it. Two days ago after spending an hour plus one or two breakdowns in Wal-Mart she had the perfect gift. I could tell she was really exited because last night she wrote her own personalized message on the birthday card for Addie.  In the past all I've been able to get her to do is sign her name. Finally, the big day was today!  Her first Spa trip with a bunch of friends. I think the icing on the cake was that Jaycee was also invited. She really likes Jaycee.  Every time I pick her up from Jaycees she complains why she only got to play for a little bit. Oh, Brother! After walking in last night from the party, the first thing Madison did was show off her manicure and pedicure then she switched to describing all the cool things they got like each getting a massage and how they ate cupcakes but didn't get to sing Happy Birthday to Addie. She was confused on that but brushed it off fast and continue to give us details for the rest of the night including all the different colors the other girls picked for their nails. Maddie picked hot pink, it's very bright and fits her personality
Korbin had a fun day today as well.  I had a scout field trip to Union Station today so I called a friend to see if Korbin could hang out at their house for a little bit.  He prefers other options to do before he has to come with me especially the field trips. Korbin has a few more months to wait to be able to officially join scouts so when he comes with me he gets bored. I think he'll get the hang of it after he gets his own shirt and starts working on passing things off in his own scout book.  A few weeks ago I took him on a bike ride around the neighborhood with the scouts and it was not a good idea to take him.  Korbin couldn't keep up with us and was extremely exhausted and whiny. It's amazing the difference in energy and endurance boys have in one year. After two hours of playtime at Conners house today he was really happy that I found him a friend to play with instead of taking him with me.  A win all the way around. I was able to listen to the guided tour the whole time and I learned new things including a funny joke.  What should have been the fastest method of exchanging info back then?  TellAWomen. Hahaha! If you've heard this joke before I'm sorry. I'm sure I probably retold it wrong.

No comments: