***Our next special treat is Frightmares at Lagoon. This treat has a requirement of 3 stickers per day for 32 days. Our kids have never been to Lagoon so we thought it would be perfect to keep them excited earning stickers.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Carnival/Math Lesson
This weekend was all bout having fun with the kids! Friday night we went to the carnival at Bates Elem. This was our first special treat for Maddie and Korbin's new calendars! Your probably wondering what I'm talking about so here's a quick explanation of our calendars... Each day they can earn stickers for chores they complete from a list we have come up with. We tried to make the list as fun as possible with silly things, hard things and things they should be doing without earning a sticker. It took a lot of planning and time because I colored coordinated the list to make the whole thing as simple as possible so they could keep track of it themselves and also so that I could see what they enjoy doing and what they don't enjoy doing. Maddie will always be Maddie and figured out all the easy stuff. LOL! I was worried at first it would be too complicated but so far they understand it and its paid off. So back to our very first special treat... We had one rule and that was they had to earn at least 10 stickers to be able to go the carnival and then for each sticker they had we then would exchanged it for a ticket they could use at the carnival. Maddie had 12 tickets and Korbin 14 tickets. They thought this was the best part of the deal but really it was the math lesson they had for 3 hours that was the best part!!!
HEre's a pictures of how much fun we had walking over. The way back was a different story. It was dark and cold and by this pictures you can tell not one of us was dressed for the cold weather.
Maddie and Korbin on the obstacle course.
One of the last things we did was the train ride that Jason and I gave them as an extra bonus. Can you tell how dark it is?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great idea! I have been making Brody earn his time to play computer games (he has become quite obsessed with it), but I like how you have made it more visiable for the kids to look at.
Post a Comment