Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ward Campout

One of our favorite ward activities is the ward camp out.  We decided not to stay overnight this year.  It's a lot of work getting the trailer ready especially for only one night.  I love our trailer! A few years ago I wasn't sold on the idea of getting one but now I think why oh why didn't we get one sooner.  " Good things come to those who wait for them", at least that's one of Jason's favorite sayings.  We were a little early so everyone was still either making dinner or eating dinner. It was great for us because the Rule family and the Peterson's we're finishing up  a delicious dutch oven dinner.  We had plenty of time asking the master cooks for recipe ideas before the games started.  Jason and I got our first pair of dutch ovens for Christmas this year.  We haven't had too much luck with them.  The recipes we've tried making haven't turned out the best.   We vowed to have a great recipe for our camping trip this year and so far nothing has worked out for us.  We need to find a great recipe in less than 13 days  that can feed 16 people.  Wish us luck!  Anyone want to get together and make a Dutch Oven dinner?  This years main event was Fear Factor!  Yes, just like the T.V. show.  Our challenges were gross at times, but so much fun.  I was so impressed with all the little ones.  We have real troopers in our primary especially the girls.  Our family had a blast and we made new friends in the ward that have recently moved in, by recently I'm really saying 3 to 6 months ago. 

Maddie walking back from a trail with her friends

Jason eating a cow pie
Korbin and Conner Murdock (These two will be in the same class next year)
When I heard this challenge was going to be drinking a class of V8 I offered to do it.  I love V8 fusion! I was in for a surprise. This was regular V8.  I couldn't swallow, Nasty!
I didn't win.

No comments: