For Thanksgiving we went to Arizona to visit The Wayment's. The Wayment's were very hospitable. They had 12 guests staying in their beautiful home. Jason's dad with his family, Grandma and Grandpa E along with Jimmy and our family.
Madison and Emery bonded immediately and wore matching clothes for most of our stay. If we lived closer to each other these two girls would spend a lot of time together. All the cousins had a great time playing and hanging out with each other.
The weather stayed in the 80's during our trip. The kids swam and swam in the pool. They had a blast diving and jumping off the rocks! Jason and I had a friendly putting game on Brad and Cooper's putting green. Even with Cooper's hints and tips I lost and owed Jason a 5 minute back rub. Grrr!
On Friday, Brad was able to get tickets to a Suns game. All the boys went and had a great time together. They had great seats and the Suns won! The girls (along with Kyler) went shopping and out to dinner. California Pizza Kitchen is always good!
My favorite memory of our trip was going on afternoon walks as a family and picking oranges! The oranges and grapefruits weren't quite ready but we searched and searched until we found enough ripe oranges to fill a couple of bags for the journey home.
After leaving Synda's on Saturday we drove to the Grand Canyon. The kids and Jason were impressed from the beginning, I on the other hand had to warm up to it. I quickly had a change of heart within 20 minutes of our arrival. Sunset at the Grand Canyon amazed me. It was beautiful! I'm so glad we were able to be there for it. Afterwards we drove to
4 comments:
That pool is at their house? Wow! That's fancy! I want to go to a place where you can pick fresh oranges off a tree.
I'm glad you liked the Grand Canyon. It really is amazing.
BTW, not to be your editor, but I think you mean Lake Powell, not Flaming Gorge . . . that would be quite the detour.
Thanks for being my editor Malinda! I need to work on my geography/memory according to Jason. On the first draft for this post I wrote we went thru Arches too. According to Jason we went thru Arches on the way to visit his dad and thru Flaming George on our way back home. I'm remembering the wrong trip. :)
BTW, not to be your editor but on Ben's birthday post you spelled dinner with an 'l'. ;) I love teasing you!!!
Linner isn't a typo. That's what we call a late lunch/early dinner at this house. Breakfast/lunch = brunch. Lunch/dinner = linner.
I could really go for that nice looking arizona sun about now! What a fun trip, sunset at the grand canyon sounds amazing!
Post a Comment