Sunday, October 12, 2008

Snow!A Cold!And Everything In Between!



I've had a cold for the entire weekend! In other words we haven't left the house.  It's been a while since we've had one of these weekends.  We have watched more movies than I care to remember, all school and piano homework is complete, which means we don't have any until next Thursday, Madison learned to tie her shoe by herself, I taught myself how to play Book of Mormon stories on Korbin's keyboard, I've started reading a draft to Midnight Sun on Stephanie Meyer's website, Jason's listening to Eclipse on the Ipod, and I finished all of my scouts stuff. Yes, we did all of this and still had time to eat unhealthy foods like McDonalds and Chinese take-out.  Today was a better day we ate a freezer meal for dinner I was saving for an emergency.  I really need to stock up a little better on freezer meals, they're lifesavers. The kids have been pretty good about being stuck at home. It helps that they  get along so well and also that it snowed. It was funny to watch them put on last years snow clothes. 
 The pants are 3 to 4 inches too short on both of them and I'm sure the boots are too tight. Still they managed not to complain and had a lot of fun outside today. I was let in on a secret last winter that I wished someone would have shared with me sooner.  Always buy black when buying snow stuff.  That way you can hand them down to younger siblings and it won't matter if they are boys or girls because black can be used on both. Brilliant! As it turned out a few people knew about this before I did.  Oh well, Maddie is going to be pretty colorful next year.  
Also, the kids have learned how to compromise this weekend.  After dinner Korbin wanted to watch a movie and Maddie wanted to go back outside to play in the snow.  Maddie came up with this... they will both watch the snow, Korbin agreed. 
 Also, Jason gave full authority to my sister for our blogs techical stuff like background selection, layouts, spell check (If you have read our blog for a while you know why) and suggestions and comments. I had a good inner chuckle about all of this because she was already doing all this stuff for us anyway. 

2 comments:

Malinda said...

I love the picture of Korbin and Maddie on your deck. That is "Christmas card worthy" cute! So, do I get to take credit for the black snow clothes advice, or am I just one of the people who already knew that trick? Now that I know Ben will be my only boy, I am half tempted to buy him more "gender neutral" clothes in general . . . but I won't.

Claudy said...

Malinda gets full credit for the black snow clothes. I had never heard of it until she mentioned it.