Saturday, October 18, 2008

Seasons


I love fall!  Everything is changing outside and its great. The kids finished soccer today. Maddie was on top of the ball and Korbin had a 5 second reaction when it came to the ball.  He takes so much after his mother!  Someday he'll figure out that it's all in the genes. Our vegetable garden is finished for the year. We would like to thank the snow for that. For our first year using the square foot garden method I think we did ok.  The only thing we did grow plenty of was zucchini everything else combined wasn't enough to make a pint of salsa. The funny thing is that the salsa was our only goal. How funny! All around us this year our neighbors have spoiled us with fruit. We have had plenty of peaches, apples,blackberries, red berries and plums. It's been great! I think Peach pie is taking over my Banana Cream pie fetish. Jason might disagree but I'm sure he'll come around someday. It seemed to me like this year was a year for swapping fruits and vegetables in our neighborhood. I loved it! I hope we do it again next year and I also hope that next year I have more than just zucchini too share. In the end I'm just happy we're having peach pie for dessert tonight!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I am looking forward to doing my own garden next spring!! By the way I have a great Zuccini soup recipe! :)

Claudy said...

Thanks for the recipe I'm looking forward to it. I'm adding a soup night to our dinner menu every week. We'll see how it works! Christmas break in a week, I'll call you!