Saturday, February 23, 2013

Basketball/Jr. High

 Korbin's last game of the season was today. The coach for this team was hilarious, he never could remember any of their names. The assistant coach was awesome though. Korbin's friend Logan's dad really made the different in the boys enjoying playing this year. Today was the first time Korbin really got into the game and played his hardest. He even fouled someone (I did a happy dance inside.) I'm rather bummed it all ended today, I wanted to see a few more games from player #14.


At the beginning of the season Jason made a deal with Korbin as an incentive to get him motivated.  For any baskets, fouls, or steals he would get $5. He's only gotten $5 out of Jason until today. Today he got $10 out of Jason!
Most of the kids on his team are kids he goes to school with which made playing basketball extra fun!
On a side note Korbin is now registered for jr. high. Yup, I we are getting old. Yesterday there was a meeting for jr. high registration over at Korbin's school. I made it and helped Korbin along. He only changed his mind 5 or 6 times before deciding and turning in his classes for next year. The funny part was he ended up with the same classes he had picked out the previous night. He made some good choices for his electives. I have a friend over at the jr. high give me the scoop on subjects and teachers. As a mom I worry about a lot of things, teachers, friends, lunch, classes and so much more. I'm super glad Korbin is just excited about the whole things and just a little nervous because I'm sure I'm making up for it.

No comments: