Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts

Korbin attended his last pack meeting a few days after his 11th birthday.  It's been exciting for him to be finished being a cub and moving into Boy Scouts! We've been anticipating and looking forward to this change for a little bit. Scout camp, snow caves, merit badges and over nighters await him.

Our wards Cub-master (our friend JD) did a great job acknowledging Korbin's achievements and kept everything short and simple (just how we like it). Korbin did the ceremony of the crossing of the bridge which marks his completion of Cub Scouting and the beginning of becoming a Boy Scout. The others scouts were there to welcome him. 

He's been to a few meetings with his new patrol and so far he thinks it's great. Last night we attended his first Court of Honor. It happened to be someone's Eagle Court of Honor. It was very nicely done. Starting with an Eagle Court of Honor gave Korbin a boost about being an Eagle scout someday. I couldn't have asked for a better way for him to begin his scouting trail. We have awesome leaders that I hope stick around for a while. 
I gave Korbin a pep talk about what I want him to receive someday. 1) Eagle 2) On My Honor Award. No pressure! 
Korbin knows we'll support him and help him become an Eagle scout but it's up to him to get the stuff done, we won't do it for him. Since last night he's been all for it, I hope it stays that way for at least a few years. Last night,all Eagle scouts in the audience were invited to join in the Eagles nest, you could see pride in those who got up and moved. I want for Korbin to have that same look someday.  

3 comments:

Malinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Malinda said...

Such a great group of boys! I'm excited for all of the adventures they have coming up (and glad that the dads go with them and not the moms). :)

dcscrivy said...

Way to go Korbin! Make sure you tell him that it is very important to get that Eagle scout award because when he finds the girl he wants to marry, her dad may or may not ask him if he is an eagle scout, that's how important it is! Seeing everyone in those pictures makes me miss the good old Ben Lomond ward!